Exotics Vets Who See Guinea Pigs
These veterinarians were recommended to us by guinea pig pet owners. We do not endorse any particular vet listed nor do we guarantee any of the services they provide. Click here for help on choosing the right vet for you: http://www.guinealynx.info/vet.html
- Dr. Ridgeway, Long Beach Animal Hospital
3816 E. Anaheim St.
Long Beach, CA 90804
Phone Number (562) 434-9966
- Dr. Walter Rosskopf, Avian and Exotic Animal Hospital,
4871 W Rosecrans Ave, Hawthorne, CA
Phone Number: (310) 679-0693
- Dr. Pasco, All Creatures Care Cottage Veterinary Hospital
1912 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- Dr. Dawson, Vanderhoof Veterinary Hospital
2235 Lake Ave # 101, Altadena, CA
Phone Number: (626) 798-5901
- Dr. LeVac, Wilshire Animal Hospital
2421 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA
Phone Number: (310) 828-4587
- Dr. Tia Greenberg, Westminster Veterinary Group,
6621 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, CA
Phone Number: (714) 899-1100
- Dr. Murata, Animal Medical Emergency Center
3511 Pacific Coast Highway , Suite A
Phone Number: (310) 325-3000
- Dr. Fowell, East Ventura Animal Hospital
10225 Telephone Road, Ventura CA
Phone Number: (805) 647-8430
- Dr. Jeanette Yamamoto, All Creatures Emergency Center
22722 Lyons Ave Ste # 5, Newhall, California 91321
* after-hours emergency veterinary hospital hours only
- Dr. Ken Lyon, Animal Medical Group
1401 Sepulveda Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA
* note: he is primarily an (excellent) dental vet, but he is only there two weekends a month
- Dr. Richard Rotmistrovsky, Crossroads Animal Emergency and Referral Center
11057 E. Rosecrans Ave
Norwalk, CA 90650
- Dr. Beeder, Pet Vet
19748 Sherman Way
Canoga Park, CA 91306
- Dr. Sostrin
VCA A Breed Apart
777 South Arroyo Parkway, 106
Pasadena, CA 91105
- Dr. Ann McDowell
Chaparral Pet Hospital
915 W. Foothill Blvd, Ste. A
Claremont, CA 91711
- Dr. J. J. Bonavera
Canyon Country Animal Hospital
18840 Soledad Canyon Rd.
Canyon Country, CA 91351h
Southern California Cavy and Bunny Rescues
- Angela’s Rabbit and Small Animal Adoptions – Located in LA county. She has rabbits and occasionally guinea pigs and other small animals.
- Bakersfield Rescue- Guinea pig rescue in Bakersfield, CA
- The Bunny Bunch – Rescues rabbits and occasionally guinea pigs in Southern, CA.
- Wee Companions – Guinea pigs rescue located in San Diego, CA
- Zooh Corner Rabbit Rescue – Rabbit rescue based in Upland, CA. They also sometimes have guinea pigs.
- Cavy Love: a guinea pig rescue in the San Fernando Valley
Other Rescue Resources
- CavyRescue.com – You can search for rescues in your area and look at the Cavy Classifieds to find adoptable guinea pigs in your are.
- Cavy Spirit – Located in Monterey, CA. Organizes many rescues in the Monterey and San Francisco Bay areas.
- Pudgy Piggy – San Jose, CA rescue.
- PetFinder – Excellent resource to use when finding a new pet in your area.
- Save-A-Pet – Website with listing for rescued animals all over the country.
- Animal Match Rescue Team – Listings for pets in southern California rescues.
- Rescuers.com – California’s directory of pet adoption resources
- Cats & Rabbits & More – San Diego, CA rescue for cats and rabbits and more.
- The PetWork – A network of resources, including rescues, and information for pet lovers.
- LA Pets – Animal information for the Los Angeles area listed at At-LA.com
- Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter (BUNS) are the rabbit and cavy volunteers at the Santa Barbara County Stray Animal Shelter in Goleta CA. They operate a no kill shelter for bunnies and cavies. Their web site is www.bunssb.org
- Orange County Rescue Organizations on KillerOrange – a web directory for businesses, organizations, events, and everything OC.
- My Pet Connection
- Search local animal shelters by breed/ species
- Los Angeles House Rabbits
- Rabbit and guinea pig sitting
Southern California Shelters
- Burbank Animal Shelter
- Irvine Animal Care Center
- LA City Shelters
- Mission Viejo Animal Shelter
- Orange County Animal Care Center
- Pasadena Humane Society
- LA County Animal Care and Control
- Orange County Humane Society
- San Gabriel Humane Society
- SEAACA Shelter of Downey
- Corona Animal Shelter
- Dana Point- San Clemente Shelter
- Pomona Shelter
- Riverside Shelter
- Upland Animal Shelter
- Ventura Shelter
Cavy Care Sites
- CavyCages.com – Directions on easy to construct, inexpensive cages for guinea pigs. Includes a forum that is great for beginners.
- Guinealynx- This is an extensive resource on guinea pig care. There are many searchable articles on health topics and links to many more. Go here first if your guinea pig has signs of illness and look through the care pages and emergency medical guide.
- CavyMadness – This is an excellent beginner’s resource on guinea pig care and behavior. There is also a message board and a boutique.
- CavySpirit – This website has many links and some very thorough articles on health, care, and behavior. A great place to learn about social life and sexing your guinea pig.
- Seagull’s – A fun site with links cavy care links.
- The Pigloo – Friendly forums for information on cavy care, behavior, housing, and medical advice.
- Kleenmama’s Hayloft – high quality feeds
- Animals Voice – The Animals Voice: Of Animal Rights and Its Defenders
- PETA – People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals PETA Ingrid Newkirk animal rights
- Animal Defense League – A nationally-active grassroots animal defense and liberation organization
Coroplast Sources (for C&C cage bottoms)
- Plastics Plus / Sign-Mart
640 N Cypress St
Orange, CA 92867
- Golden State Signs & Banners
7070 Edinger Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
- Signs Now
725 El Camino Way
Tustin, California 92780
- Gavrieli Plastics
11733 Sherman Way
North Hollywood, CA 91605